Sunday, February 18, 2007

SWS - The Initial Impression

Last week or so I started to get acquainted with Semantic Web Web Services (SWWS). I was drawn to this topic when during one of my digging (information browsing) session I came across Web Service Modeling Ontology website. The concept did fascinate me and I started to collect materials from different technology and research portals and collected lots of materials on the same topic.

In order to do that I had to re-visit the Web-Services once again. This time I was hoping to find something which was missing when I had a look at WS last time. But to my disappointment during last 2-3 yrs the Web-Services as a Technology (rather Specification) did not show much improvement. The problems like Orchestration, Choreography, Transaction Control, Authentication etc still persist and I am not sure how they are going to be resolved in the near future.

While in first glance it seems to be promising. Yet so far I am yet to find a paper which describes how we tackle the problems faced by Web Services as a Technology.

I have started to dig more into this area hoping to come out with some solid reasoning and integrate the same with my work on Knowledge Representation. Keep watching this space for more on this topic.

Until Next Time....:)

0 comments: